Monday, November 10, 2008

The Gunner's Dream

“I hate that aesthetic game of the eye and the mind, played by those connoisseurs, these mandarins who ‘appreciate’ beauty. What is beauty, anyway? There’s no such thing. I never ‘appreciate’, anymore than I ‘like.’ I love or I hate.”
-Picasso

Everything that is not perfect is imperfect. Period.

Sometimes, I like to imagine a life less exigent. To miss one beginning, is to look for another. The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. Who was that again? Pascal maybe…

7 comments:

Samdrisht Singh said...

where is the mention of the gunners in the post anywhere except the title???

Aarushi said...

The gunner’s dream is a song by Pink Floyd. Listen to it.

Abhineet said...

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.... someone said that too.... The same must apply to perfection also... at least I think so....

Aarushi said...

That's Wordsworth.

Yes, I agree and I had never thought about it in this manner.

Sushant said...

Perfection must be tried for, should be hoped for, shouldn't be expected, mustn't be assumed. I think perfection is anyway asymptotic.

Anoop said...

Perfection exists, perhaps for no longer than an instant.

"In small proportions we just beauties see,
And in short measures life may perfect be." -- Ben Johnson


Then again, who defines beauty, or for that matter perfection.....I think abhineet answered that one.

Aarushi said...

Sushant:
I don't like to think of perfection as an asymptotic concept. Somehow.

Anoop:
Perhaps. Perhaps.