Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Love under the Republicans (or Democrats)

I think that I am going crazy. I woke up this morning with a poem ready in my head. Sometimes, I think in verse. I am taking a short sabbatical from poetry. No more writing poetry. No more reading poetry. For a week, atleast. Except Ogden Nash, ofcourse. A poem by the master:

“Come live with me and be my love
And we will all the pleasures prove
Of marriage conducted with economy
In the twentieth Century Anno Donomy.
We’ll live in a dear little walk-up flat
With practically room to swing a cat
And a potted cactus to give it hauteur
And a bathtub equipped with dark brown water.
We’ll eat, without undue discouragement,
Foods low in cost but high in nouragement
And quaff with pleasure, while chatting wittily,
The peculiar wine of Little Italy.
We’ll remind each other it’s smart to be thrifty
And buy our clothes for something-fifty.
We’ll stand in line on holidays
For seats at unpopular matinees
And every Sunday we’ll have a lark
And take a walk in Central Park.
And one of these days not too remote
I’ll probably up and cut your throat.”

Infact, no more reading for a week. I’ll just stay on a healthy diet of Ogden Nash and American sitcoms that is appropriate for people in my age-group. An honorary mention of Sam-almighty for insisting that I watch “How I met your mother.” It is awesome. No other word would do.

7 comments:

Sushant said...

Since morning, today, this line - Last night, you were reading my verses, I was looking for the moon (just this much)- kept playing in my head in an infinite loop, not plainly but with with full-on background score and beats, while I tried to recall where I'd heard it. Soon I could recall I read it here, and haven't since been able to recall the tune it played itself in. Uh. Poetry.

Happy Diwali!

Aarushi said...

I know. Uh..... Poetry.
Happy Diwali!

ChhAvi said...

"how i met ur mother" is indeed awsome! :-)

Aarushi said...

@Chhavi
Indeed, indeed.

Dedalus said...

sam-almighty here
(and since im omnipresent, i can log in and out of any account)

so avid himym watchers; welcome to the awesome world of awesomeness.
it reeks of awesomeness. i mean to the point that barney stinson wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

and if u guys watch the weekly shit on tv....get a a life..
cz if u do watch it on tv...you;re actually waiting a WHOLE GODDAMN week to watch an episode that was actually aired two years ago..second season in 2008 october..gosh....eugh

start watching 'The Big Bang Theory'...its meant for us (by us i imply the people who did science in school)..its definitely meant for us.

tru story

Dedalus said...

And this is the combined opinion of Sam and I.The Big Bang Theory is cool indeed.

And stop using an '@' if you're replying to a single person.

You could reply in the following manner :

Sam :
xyz :
abc :
so on and so forth.

(I tried my best to make it look like katoch had typed..i gave up midway...

true story)

Aarushi said...

Dedalus:
Nod. Nod.